Conferment Of The Holy Quran*

 *Conferment Of The Holy Quran* 

Khadija Amjad

Quran was revealed in Ramadan and was also compiled in Ramadan. Allah says in the Quran

 شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ ٱلَّذِىٓ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ ٱلْقُرْءَانُ هُدًۭى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَـٰتٍۢ مِّنَ ٱلْهُدَىٰ وَٱلْفُرْقَانِ

"Ramadan was the month in which Quran was sent down , this book is a perfect guidance for mankind and consists of clear teachings which show the right way and are a criterion of the truth and falsehood." 

Allah also said in the Quran:

 يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ قَدْ جَآءَتْكُم مَّوْعِظَةٌۭ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَشِفَآءٌۭ لِّمَا فِى ٱلصُّدُورِ وَهُدًۭى وَرَحْمَةٌۭ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ.

 "O' Mankind there has come to you the admonition from your Lord this is the remedy for hhe diseases of the hearts ans a guidance and a blessing for those who believe in it." 


Quran was the last book sent down to mankind which is a source of guidance for all.

It was an Arab custom that the pious and thoughtful people would devote a period of each year for meditation and generally seek a new level of seriousness and ethical goodness. 

When the Prophet PBUH reached the age of 40 he started seeking solitude for hhe sake of meditation. He used to go to his favourite place of Cave of Hira. 

On odd nights in the last week of Ramadan when the Prophet PBUH was asleep an Angel Jibrail RA came to the Prophet PBUH in the form of a human and said 'read'. The Prophet PBUH later described the event as, "Then he took me and squeezed me and let me go and repeated the order 'read'. 'I cannot read,' said I. He squeezed me once again and repeated the order 'read' I said 'I cannot read'. Then he took me and squeezed me for the third time and on being released I asked 'What should I read?'" He said

 "Read in the name of your Lord who created, created man out of a clot of congealed blood. Read and your Lord is the most bountiful. He who taught by the pen. Taught man what he did not know."

The Prophet PBUH repeated the verses and the angel disappeared. The Prophet PBUH was very frightened he ran towards his home saying his wife cover me cover me. Hazrat Khadija RA covered him until he became normal again. Hazrat Khadija RA consoled the Prophet PBUH and said:" Allah will never disgrace you. You show kindness to kinsmen, you bear the burden of the weak, you help the poor and needy and show hardship in the path If truthfulness. Later Khadija RA took hhe Prophet to her cousin Waraqah Bin Naufal. The Prophet PBUH told about incident and he replied "This is the same Namus (Jibrail) that came to Hazrat Musa (AS). I wish If I were alive and could live up to the time your people would turn out to you. The Prophet PBUH asked 'Will they drive me out?' Waraqah replied in an affirmative and said 'Anyone who came up with something familiar would be treated hostily and if I would be alive till that time I will support you strongly. A few days later Waraqah died and the revelation stopped for a while which made the Prophet PBUH worried but after sometime it commenced again. 

So it is a clear code of life and a set of instructions sent down by Allah and by implementing it will be successful in our life. Allah also said to the Prophet:

قُلْ بِفَضْلِ ٱللَّهِ وَبِرَحْمَتِهِۦ فَبِذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَفْرَحُوا۟ هُوَ خَيْرٌۭ مِّمَّا يَجْمَعُونَ 

Say, O Prophet, "In Allah’s grace and mercy let them rejoice. That is far better than whatever wealth they amass."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breathing and Our Mental Health

The people of the Cave

*Lahore Resolution*